Under the laws of Hong Kong, intoxicating liquor must not be sold or supplied to a minor in the course of business.
Abreu Las Posados Howell Mountain 2013
Abreu is now calling his vineyard on Howell Mountain (a tract of 33 acres with 15 planted) Las Posadas, after the road high on the mountain that seems to be the Fifth Avenue of Howell Mountain vineyard sites. The 2013 Las Posadas Proprietary Red was unreal from barrel, and that extraordinary Midas touch exhibited by Grimes and Abreu has extended to this wine out of bottle, which is a showcase for Howell Mountain and the meticulous viticulture and winemaking of Abreu and Grimes. Inky purple to the rim, with an extraordinary nose of sweet mulberry, intense graphite, scorched earth, smoldering wood charcoal, and massive blackberry and cassis fruit, this intriguing and provocative wine also throws in hints of licorice and black truffle. It is extremely rich, full-bodied, and nearly an out-of-body experience. Look for it to improve in age for 40 to 50 years. I can see consumers opening it circa 2065 to 2075 and saying, “Wow – what a great vintage this must have been!”
Cabernet Franc, Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Petit Verdot
David Abreu, a third-generation rancher from St. Helena, California founded Abreu Vineyards in 1980. Abreu Vineyards first vintage was made in 1986 but the first release was not until the 1987 vintage, which was made available to consumers. Eventually, intuition and experience led him to four single vineyard properties: Madrona Ranch, Cappella, Las Posadas (formerly Howell Mountain), and Thorevilos. He planned and planted each one. Alongside Brad Grimes, a chef turned winemaker, he whittles one hundred barrels down to just 12,000 bottles of Cabernet Sauvignon blends.
In 1980, David formed David Abreu Vineyard Management, working with pioneering winemaker Richard Forman to manage ranching operations at Inglenook Winery. Abreu and Forman became friends and traveled frequently to Bordeaux, where they observed French winemaking operations. They brought back French rootstock, trellis designs, and Bordelais planting and farming techniques.
Abreu's fame spread as other wineries hired Abreu's company to plant and manage ranching operations. By 1999 he was considered the premier viticulturist for premium grapes in Napa Valley. David Abreu Vineyard Management has farmed grapes for some of the most respected wineries in Napa Valley including Blankiet Estate, Staglin Family Vineyards, Jones Family Vineyards, Bressler Vineyards, Colgin Cellars, Pahlmeyer Vineyard, Sloan Estate, Bryant Family Vineyard, Fisher Vineyards, Oakford Vineyards, Araujo Estate Wines, Grace Family Vineyards, Viader Vineyards, and Harlan Estate, among others. In 2006 Abreu was hired to replant vineyards at Screaming Eagle Winery and Vineyards.
Abreu's label concentrates exclusively on estate-grown Cabernet Sauvignon blends. Distribution is extremely limited and sold primarily to members on their direct mailing list. A number of online retails offer Abreu Vineyards wine, from unknown sources, with prices ranging from $400 to $800 or more per 750ml.
In 1998 wine critic Robert Parker included Abreu in his list of the "most influential wine personalities of the last 20 years". Parker awarded the 1997 Madrona Ranch cabernet a 100-point score, one of only 140 wines in the world to receive the honor. As of the 2013 vintage, Abreu Vineyards holds nine, 100-point scores from Robert Parker's Wine Advocate.
In the "Judgment of Sauternes" of October, 2006, the 1995 vintage Cabernet blend was judged the winner among Cabernet-Merlot blends from Bordeaux and California, 16 each, in a blind tasting arranged by the Grand Jury Européen. The 1999 production was 500 cases (45.000 hL; 1,188.774 U.S. gal). In the late 1990s Abreu and Forman jointly leased and planted the 20-acre (8.1 ha) Thorevilos Vineyard. They released Abreu's first cabernet from that vineyard in 2000.
We currently fulfil Hong Kong orders only. We deliver to Hong Kong, Kowloon, New Territories and Outlying Islands.
- Free delivery for wine orders over HK$1000
- HK$100 for orders under HK$1000
- Delivery to Outlying islands will incur an extra charge of HK$60 per case of 12 bottles.
- Delivery to Macau will incur an extra charge of HK$60 per case of 6 bottles.
- For any location located on the Third (3rd) Floor or below without a lift or an escalator, an extra HK$60 surcharge will be imposed.
- An Additional delivery surcharge of HK$60 per flight of stairs will be charged for any location located on the fourth (4th) Floor or above without a lift or an escalator.
- Shipping fees for accessories & merchandise will be calculated separately from wine orders upon checkout and will vary depending on product. Accessories & merchandise ship worldwide.
- The cutoff time for order delivery processing is 4pm from Monday to Friday.
- All orders placed after 4pm will be processed the following weekday.
- All orders placed on weekends will be processed on Monday.
- Deliveries typically take 1-2 days.
- We deliver between 9am and 6pm.
- The delivery officer will contact you once your delivery is scheduled.
- Delivery times for accessories & merchandise will vary depending on product and will be indicated upon checkout. Accessories & merchandise ship worldwide.